Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Chocolate Muffins

My daughters love muffins. My daughters also love chocolate. Oddly enough, when I went out to search for a muffin that was all chocolate I had a hard time finding one. Thus, I went on a mission to learn more about muffins! This was the result.


Ingredients


1 3/4 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbls baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbls cocoa powder
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Add the chocolate chips to the dry ingredients. Blend the egg, milk and oil together and add them to the dry ingredients. Mix very gently until all the dry ingredients have been moistened. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and divide the batter between the cups. I use a cookie scoop to make this easier. Cook the muffins. The time needed depends on the size of muffin cups you used. The smallest size takes 9 minutes in my oven, the medium (cupcake) size takes 12 minutes and the largest takes 15 minutes. Check the muffins with the toothpick test if you are in doubt.

No comments: